CORDELE, Ga. (WALB) – We told you about 8-year-old Everett Pettis’ family’s search for a kidney Friday. On Saturday, a fundraising event was held to help raise money for medical costs.
Part of that event was a motorcycle ride for Everett that drew around 40 cyclists to make the day even more special.
- The Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall arrived in East Peoria with full fanfare
- A group of motorcyclists has helped a terminally ill grandmother tick off a bucket list
- Memorial Ride for Veronica Baker was shot and killed in the parking lot of the Bojangles
- A woman has been charged after hitting a motorcycle while she was driving under the influence. The motorcycle passenger has since passed away from her injuries.
- HARLEY-DAVIDSON® LIVEWIRE® MOTORCYCLE SETS NEW WORLD RECORDS AT EV RACING EXHIBITION
Around $4,000 was raised for his medical costs.
Cory Burch is the President of the Cordele Charter Iron Order Motorcycle Club.
“Everett enjoyed Saturday. He was really excited. The last stop that we had at Lake Shore Grille, he actually rode from there to our final destination on the back of my Vice President’s bike,” Burch said.
A gun raffle and other festivities were a part of Saturday’s event, which kicked off that morning at Evan’s Outdoors in Cordele.
Burch told us they are talking with family about doing another fundraiser for Everett for his birthday in February.