by Danielle Moody-news4sanantonio
HOUSTON- A motorcyclist was killed after a hit and run which dragged his motorcycle until it burst into flames at an intersection.
At around 2:30 a.m. early Saturday morning, a white SUV traveling eastbound on North Sam Houston Pkwy feeder road hit a motorcycle rider at the Greens intersection.
The motorcyclist, who was in his 20s, was thrown off of the motorcycle and died at the scene.
- After 20 years in business, Barnett’s Las Cruces Harley-Davidson is closing its doors.
- Motorcyclist killed in hit and run, driver drags motorcycle that bursts into flames
- Annual Milwaukee Rally Labor Day weekend end-of-season party is still happening
- Cordele Charter Iron Order Motorcycle Club fundraising event held to help raise money for medical costs.
- Fall River resident – with friends from Taunton and Ohio – tackles 10,000-mile ‘Hoka Hey’ motorcycle challenge
The driver of the SUV kept going, dragging the motorcycle under the SUV to the next intersection where it eventually caught fire.
The driver then got out and fled on foot.
“The SUV left a bar in the area and was driving Westbound here on the beltway, struck a motorcycle. We are still investigating how the actual accident happened, but unfortunately the rider on the motorcycle died here on the scene and the body is still here. The driver of the SUV knew that he hit somebody, got in the car and continued driving down. The car burned up, so he wasn’t able to keep on going and he fled on foot,” said Sergeant David Rose. VIDEO